No the Black Berkey® Purification Elements fit into the base of the upper chamber with the threaded stems of the filters protruding through the holes in the base of the upper chamber. The PF-2™ filters screw onto these threaded stems so that the Berkey PF-2™’ Elements hang down into the interior of the lower chamber. The water flows from the upper chamber, through the Black Berkey® Purification Elements, into the Berkey PF-2™’ Elements and then into the lower chamber. The “PF” in PF-2 stands for Post Filter. So, they do not replace the black filters but rather work in conjunction with them.
Articles in this section
- PF-2 Fluoride Filter Measurements
- Does the post filter media contain some amount of cyanuric acid, or is the media washed using cyanuric acid prior to packaging?
- There is water spilling out on top of my Berkey PF-2™, near the area where it attaches to the Black Berkey® Purification element in my system. Does this mean it is not working properly or needs to be tightened more?
- Do the Berkey PF-2™ Elements replace the Black Berkey® Purification Elements?
- If Arsenic and Fluoride is removed using Black Berkey® Purification Elements then what is the need for Berkey PF-2™ Elements?
- Will high pH affect the efficiency of the PF-2™ Elements?
- Shelf-Life for PF-2 Fluoride Filter
- Storing the PF-2 Fluoride Filters after use.
- Why is it necessary to purge the Berkey® Post Filter elements?
- What is the lifespan of the PF-2™ Fluoride Filters and how do I know when they should be replaced?